View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #15
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
But minimum wage effects people with poor or no education. comes down to community..... i wonder which communitys are at the bottom? The ones with the highest crime rates, the ones with the most same race crimes, the communities with the highest goverment assistance, communities with the most broken family homes....

This is just too easy.

How much more do you want others to give up to help others that wont help themselves? Im suppose to pay for little shakuan's breakfast,lunch and dinner when his dads in jail for selling drugs(my $ pays for him too) and his mom out in the street with a BLM sign, screams life isnt fair, I made poor choices give me more free shit?

Just draw the line and then i can truly decide........ whats the amount of the money i worked hard for every year, im suppose to hand over, so others can have it? Lets start there.....
DO you think people choose to be in a community with higher crime rates?? No schools?? No opportunities?? Or chose to be followed by the police?? Or had a choice when it came to the "war on drugs" (which you need to read what it actually meant and how it exploded the black representation in prison and why rich white owners got paid for it)?? Or when the government redlined the district they lived in?? Or denied siphyslis treatment because "scientist" wanted to see the long term effects on humans??

You really think people chose to be in the situation they are currently in??

Here are some sources to read

The Tuskegee Timeline

Quote:
The study initially involved 600 black men ? 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. The study was conducted without the benefit of patients? informed consent. Researchers told the men they were being treated for ?bad blood,? a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In truth, they did not receive the proper treatment needed to cure their illness. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance. Although originally projected to last 6 months, the study actually went on for 40 years.
The ended in 1970s. FUcking 50 years ago not even!

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/52665...egated-america

Quote:
In 1933, faced with a housing shortage, the federal government began a program explicitly designed to increase ? and segregate ? America's housing stock. Author Richard Rothstein says the housing programs begun under the New Deal were tantamount to a "state-sponsored system of segregation."

Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
The government's efforts were "primarily designed to provide housing to white, middle-class, lower-middle-class families," he says. African-Americans and other people of color were left out of the new suburban communities ? and pushed instead into urban housing projects.

https://www.drugpolicy.org/issues/br...story-drug-war

Quote:
The Early Stages of Drug Prohibition
Many currently illegal drugs, such as marijuana, opium, coca, and psychedelics have been used for thousands of years for both medical and spiritual purposes. So why are some drugs legal and other drugs illegal today? It's not based on any scientific assessment of the relative risks of these drugs ? but it has everything to do with who is associated with these drugs.

The first anti-opium laws in the 1870s were directed at Chinese immigrants. The first anti-cocaine laws in the early 1900s were directed at black men in the South. The first anti-marijuana laws, in the Midwest and the Southwest in the 1910s and 20s, were directed at Mexican migrants and Mexican Americans. Today, Latino and especially black communities are still subject to wildly disproportionate drug enforcement and sentencing practices.
White people with PURE COCAINE got a slap on the wrist (as they could afford to shoot up). Black folks, who are historically marginalized could only afford reduced cocaine and received significantly LONGER and more serious terms for usage, although being less potent than pure cocaine white folks used to shoot up

Again, I wish people would not ignore HOW/WHY we got here.........