View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #13314
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
No. It didn't LOOK like anything. There's not enough information in the video to conclude either way. Only the implication from bothering to show the shifter at all is there any indication of a manual transmission.
I was going to type out pretty much the same thing exitspeed said after me, but went the lazy route with "Looks like a manual to me." .

Nissan going through the trouble of showing the hand on the shifter "screams" M/T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
From what I can tell the weak link internally is the rods, and externally the lack of an oil cooler. I suppose the question is how deep do you get into it once you've pull the engine and split the block.

I think In this car I'd be happy to have 300ish hp with little to no modifications outside of the turbo kit itself. No need for injectors, fuel pump, stand alone, yada yada yada. I'm still keeping the S13, I guess it gets to be the stupid almost track only never ending build.
Pretty much my same dilemma. I've wanted a stock EVO/ STI since the initial US releases. So far I've owned my 15 STI for just over a year and it's proven to be the reliable and fun DD I've always wanted.

My warranty is up in 2yrs and I'm debating whether I should go simple tune only, bolt-ons + tune for around 325-345whp, or just save up and get a built 400whp engine with reliability being the main goal.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote