View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #7
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
No you've just been brainwashed by all the other sheep.

People just copy other people without understanding what they are doing.

You ever seen an engine from ANY factory come with a catch can?

No and you never will. All Engineers know better, it is obvious to them.

Companies will sell anything that people will buy. You can find all kinds of useless garbage for sale on the internet. Just because they make something doesn't mean it has any useful purpose. It just means the sheep are buying it.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't control your oil system. PCV is an oil control system and absolutely necessary. PCV is the most important system on the engine and tied with the oil pump.
What I AM saying is that connecting a large, stagnant reservoir to the crankcase is absolutely unnecessary, unwanted, and incorrectly implemented most of the time.
Additional volume will work against the pcv action, it will help create oil leaks, it will reduce the effectiveness of pcv. And when installed incorrectly, at the wrong height and wrong temperature, it will lead to oil contamination and reduced engine life.
Companies are also not making 3x the amount of power on the original engine from 20+ years ago.

No one asked you about pcv effectiveness, how they work, or oil contamination.

I simply asked for catch can recommendations because I would like to run one on my setup. Because as we all know sr's could benefit from modifications to the crank case ventilation system.