View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
rogues13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rogues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm back with an update. Car is under construction and since I'm in school away from home I've been working on this side project.

I got a pivot RHU-M in a trade a while back and wanted to graft it into the cluster surround to make it look as OEM as possible.

First I cut out the left button section.

Next, I centered and cut out a target to build a holding bracket for the controller as shown here:

I then built a tight tolerance box from ABS that the Pivot sits in snug (if I need a fastener in the future I will use a command strip on the bottom but for now I plan to let it rest inside because it holds very well.

Next came bridging the bracket into the surround. I wanted this part to be all ABS so it would be solid and not prone to any cracking if bent or under load for any reason.

I then blocked off the channel I had created after some sanding, and began the finishing with some filler.

After this I sprayed some plastic primer and applied SEM color coat black. I am pretty happy with the result but may apply another coat of SEM depending on how it looks in the sun.

Will have another update soon this time as I have been collecting more parts and making more progress. Few sneak peaks for the time being:

Thanks all for reading.
rogues13 is offline   Reply With Quote