View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
If it is a no crack situation ....

...5. Signal wire is energized while key is in crack postion...
I'm having a no crack situation as well, and my key is definitely in the crack the position... what should I do? call the dealer?

Ah that was fun. Seriously though the wire for the starter solenoid runs through the ignition switch and although the wire itself is very thick, the ignition switch is a piece of shit usually. Even new they tend to have very thin contacts which arc and create black residue and/or become melty.

What I do is simply add a starter relay, run the ignition switch 12v output through a powerful relay to drive the starter solenoid instead of having all that current pass through the ignition switch. This preserves the ignition switch by reducing the current flowing through it.

I know u did that on purpose tho because c is so far from n nobody could ever make that mistake, esp twice ;D
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote