View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #13080
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Such as? Just a quick glance shows better numbers for the 370 in power, acceleration, and skidpad grip. The 370 even gets better fuel mileage. What are you referring to aside from your personal opinion on the car? The 350 is even more the retro style while the 370z is more modern (for its time) and sculpted that you seem to want. I just don't get your disdain for the 370 unless it's purely styling (which I don't disagree with).
Material Quality
Truck Space
Visibility
Seating Position
Headroom
The Cubie's door only goes 90-degrees and doesn't fully retract
Twitchy handing do to wheel base
Still a bloated pig for its size

Styling, almost every panel and detail is worse

Fuel Economy, it's only an improvement on paper because of testing changes. 350Z HR is the better car.

World agrees with me as the Z34 sales absolutely tanked and never came close to recovering.

The other problem is by 2008 the Z34 was outgunned from the start.

In 2002 the 287hp 350Z sold alongside a 260hp V8 Mustang riding a SRA chassis that dated back to 1979 and the Corvette still looked like a melted Rx7.

By 2008 we had Camaro and Challengers riding IRS setups, Corvette styling had improved and the WRX, Evo and STI had been crowned king.

Rumors of a light and nimble FRSTGT86BZR all about and Nissan dropped the muscular R35.

By 2011 all the pony cars offered 400hp V8's.

The car was DOA and Nissan has chose to let it rot on lots for 13 years now. We've seen no indication of a new car so honestly, 2022 would be a stretch. As I've shown, we already already have leaks of the 2022 SLK.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote