View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:59 AM   #7
broke240fromHI

Trader Rating: (0)
broke240fromHI is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeKS14 View Post
I'm running those cams on stock springs, OEM cam gears. Looking to grab Tomei cam gears down the road but I have had no issue running them in stock alignment. Will see down the road if the adjustable cam gears and degreeing really make a massive difference. I'm sure I'll see something; Ended up w/ 10 mils taken off between the deck and head for flatness when I rebuilt the motor along w/ a 1.0mm headgasket, so they're in a more advanced position from that.

>>Build thread w/ dyno about half way down<<

Don't feel my powerband really suffers. Just about anything would be an improvement over the OEM S14 cams though.

The tomei cam gears are a nice addition, as I?ve never seen any other company utilize sliding type gears for the cam gears. I only ever seen the Jim Wolf Technology adjustable gears with pre drilled holes. The only thing I hate is that the timing marks are on the back side (going towards the windshield) instead of facing forward like HKS adjustable gears or my Tomei adjustable gears for my RB20.

I really appreciate your quality build! I?ll have a look more into it when I have some downtime. Skimmed through it and was quite enlightened!

But I?m glad to hear it runs perfectly fine, even on OEM gears. I was kind of afraid it may have bogging or idling issues on start up.
broke240fromHI is offline   Reply With Quote