View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
​Silvia

Trader Rating: (0)
​Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 R200 housing seal help

Just bought this R200/cusco LSD from an R32. The right half shaft seal was leaking so I went to replace it and ran into this problem here. I've done quite a bit of research but couldn't find out if this inner ring part needs to be removed or is worn or if I'm even missing something. Any help as to what seal or parts I might need would be greatly appreciated.

This is with the rubber "seal" part removed. Pretty much how it looked when I took the shaft out.

Inner ring part comes out like so.

Other side of the ring.

Is this supposed to be part of the seal itself or something? Couldn't find anything in any of the FSMs about this part.

These are the 2 different seals I got. On the left is a generic 35mm x 54mm x 10mm seal and on the right is an OEM knockoff. Neither fit into the diff.

So my main question is does this piece here need to be removed from the diff or this part of the housing itself? And if so am I just using the wrong seals or am I missing some sort of race for the seal?

Looks like it can almost fit like this but that ring portion is definitely not correct which is what leads me to believe something here is missing or heavily worn out.

The "OEM" seal just falls through, definitely not right as well.

Image I found on the internet of someone install a seal into an R200 housing. What I thought it should look like, can tell the difference between this and mine. As to why I'm confused.

Last edited by ​Silvia; 07-15-2020 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Added info
​Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links