View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #8
Dsmguy1993
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dsmguy1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
I should also add that when I installed this bushing you have to lightly tap it back into the firewall with the steering linkage attached if youve ever done this before you know what im talking about. I also use a tiny amount of grease when first installing the bearing so you dont need a hard tap to get those little cylindrical bushings inside of it. as for the fastener I got it from autozone and it feels much higher quality then the original nuts the original ones did not even feel very strong but yeah Ill add locktite to them thats no problem I got like a bunch of locktite blue for situations like this I also locktite my poly trans mount for insurance. Also I forgot to say that I upgraded to a solid bushing so perhaps with a rubber bushing you dont have to tap it in to reinstall it into the firewall into the two studs it goes into. Also for those curious yes there is a giant difference with a solid steering bushing a LOT less slop and it feels great I use a stance one personally but the diftech one is just as nice. I had to install it ever since I saw it for 20$ I was like I have to have that.

Last edited by Dsmguy1993; 07-07-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Dsmguy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote