View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
240codyluukk13

Trader Rating: (0)
240codyluukk13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Alternator Wont Charge Battery

Was hoping somebody could give some advice on a problem.
I got a stock ka24e with a brand new alternator and battery, both were tested. for some reason the alternator doesn't charge the battery. I checked the grounds coming from the back of the alternator and tried to ground the alternator casing to the negative terminal on the battery. I also cleaned the mounting bracket and the block were it bolts hoping for a better ground.

I read on another thread that the white/red wire behind the cluster could cause an issue but after I noticed that the battery light on the cluster would turn on and off quick when I turned the key from accessory to the on position and same thing when the key is turned backwards. When it is in the on position the light stays off. I never had this problem with the light before so I think that has something to do with it.
The previous owner had an alarm system that was clearly rigged together that I had taken out. I think a wire may be shorting on something.

If anyone has any advice/pictures on the wiring under the ignition I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!
240codyluukk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links