Thread: S13 Brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv1401 View Post
With brakes this big you need to have more feedback to judge how much pressure you should apply. Locking up the brakes becomes pretty fuckin easy with pads that are about 7"x3". Seriously, its like 21sq-in of surface area, per front brake pad, vs the like ~8sq-in from OE brakes. So eliminating the brake booster gives you more raw pedal control and feel. You can mitigate the 'difficulty' of pedal pressure by changing the size and stroke of the MC's piston, which Chase Bays has figured out from hours upon hours of R&D. Supposedly they actually have some kind of proprietary design for the BMC that gives a much more even pedal feel over stock booster+mc setup.

That said, many opt to just swap in z32 Booster&MC with the cts 4/4 brembos, but I've only seen a couple mentions of that for the 6/4s. I'm assuming it's perfectly fine, and satisfactory for a non-racecar.

The main concern with really big brakes is locking them up, so to counteract that, you have to get really grippy tires, that only lock up in the last ~5-10% of pedal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gotcha..im running ctsv 4 pots in front and evo 8 in the read..z32 bmc and s14 auto booster...brakes feel great. Wish i could drive a car with no booster setup and feel the diffrence....just worried i couldnt stop the car like when a booster fails
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote