View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 07:12 PM   #432
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Yikes. People don't realize how much amperage E-fans will draw on startup. I've complained/tried to warn people. My FAL fans came with a single 30 amp fuse. Pretty serious electrical engineering oversight considering the fans pull over 40 amps on startup. My fuse holder looked like that pile of lava after a year. A higher capacity or dual fuse/relay setup is necessary.

You probably sleep better at night now knowing the car won't set your garage on fire!
Yep, people are definitely ignorant.

I'm so glad I'm pulling this SR down. So many issues and things I don't like with how it's put together. Let me show you:

IACV pipe broken off it's bracket.

Heater hose pipes not bolted to block.

Intake manifold gasket doesn't even line up and overhangs the ports by a good millimeter on each side.

Pretty much everywhere there should be a gasket there's just RTV, or RTV and an old gasket.

The hose clamp I'm pointing at is the one I put on because the water line wasn't even connected. They used zip ties on the other side...

And here's a better shot of that front timing cover leak. You can physically see the gap between the head and the timing cover

Plenty of other things, like the turbine outlet bolts are just silly, the heater core was bypassed with a kinked up hose, studs missing on the exhaust manifold, etc, etc, etc. This is where I left it for today.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote