View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #12871
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
GT350: ~3760lbs
E36 M3: ~3200lbs
Fiesta ST: ~2400lbs
New Supra: ~3400lbs
350z: ~3450lbs
M2: ~3600lbs
Cayman: ~2900lbs

It's the heaviest of the cars he mentioned.

I think Mel made a good point. Most of us on this forum are preferential towards a certain combination of attributes and that is, for the most part, lightwight and RWD. That was literally what the title of this thread actually used to be; which is also why from my memory of how this thread evolved since the beginning, the upcoming (at the time) FRS/BRZ twins were discussed so much because it COULD'VE ticked so many of our boxes. I love my E46 M3 vert and while it's a wonderful car, at the end of the day I definitely feel the weight during cornering and braking as opposed to my S13 along with friends' Miatas, S2000s, Civic Si, etc.
Camaro ZL1 is 3883 with a manual in coupe form, and out handles all of them. But even being the heaviest out of the bunch (which GM has negated with an absolutely fabulous platform and tuning) it PAILS in comparison to the 4451lb Challenger Hellcat. I mean that is a monster kid difference. A base 2wd Silverado weighs 4520.