View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:53 PM   #11
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
a fuel pump for this car to get you home is like $23.13 shipped and it weighs around 1lb and takes up almost no space.

So yeah Im going to carry anything that cheap and that light and I recommend anyone with the type of vehicle that could shit a performance part at any second do so as well

you dont need to carry expensive parts just the basics, Often I won't carry a spare tire either (due to lsd concerns) just a tire plug kit and air pump.

Part of the reason I started carrying so many of these things was because back in the day I would have to tune a couple of cars like mine in a day (sr20 setups or whatever) and it was very handy to have a spare igniter, coils, plugs, etc... on hand to help out with diagnostics and often I would be leaving this or that behind to help someone out. I weighed out and made a 'kit' of sorts with various necessities, most of which fit into the 240sx quarter
Well you got me with plug kit and air pump - I just generally think of fuel pumps as a once in a blue moon/200k part. The access panel makes it a roadside job and all, I know.

But I sure like having my car buttoned up like an airplane - if I have to set it down, I expect to bring my truck to recover it. The truck's a fixn' barge, can carry anything it and any other vehicle needs, or transport it.

And if you depend on a vehicle, of any age or type, you pretty much need a second vehicle, you know?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote