View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
DailySX

Trader Rating: (0)
DailySX is an unknown quantity at this point
No crank w/starter connected to harness

Hey guys I am having some weird issues starting the car. The car will not crank when the starter connector plug (thinner cable) is connected to the harness. The thick cable bolted in gets constant 12V.

I've looked at:

> (With the starter cable plug disconnected) 12V gets to the connector when "starting" the car with the key. Tells me clutch switch seems to be ok and relay works. Tested blue interlock relay independently with 12V power + continuity tester and seems good.

> (With the starter cable plug disconnected) Starter works and can crank the engine if I bridge the starter end of the connector directly to the battery.

> With the starter cable plug connected, the starter sees 0V (DMM) when I try key starting it.

> I suspected bad connection between the plugs so with the plugs disconnected, I bridged both ends of the plug with a cable, ensuring the cable ends make good contact with the plug contacts.

Any ideas what else I can do, short of buying parts and replacing things willy-nilly? I've searched, but couldn't find anything specific to this issue. I feel like I'm close, but I'm at a loss.
DailySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links