View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #7
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
what happened that caused the damage? incorrect install? I have been using these for the last ~18 years no issues...I even swapped over my cabin filters and may look at some of their other options...if you follow the directions these are great filters, however, if they have abnormal wear or are installed incorrectly then sure they can cause issue...just like any other part out there...
There's no right way to install them on most cars. And they don't filter.

And they inherently get oil on your MAF/IAT/whatever, while altering the velocity that air hits the MAF relative to how much the engine is actually consuming, compared to what it expects.

when they're filthy, they almost work.

I bet you also swear by your scotchblocked resistor "performance chip" across your MAF. Anyone who doesn't like those things probably just didn't have a real professional install it, amirite?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote