View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #73
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
my snapon dealer, when I worked at a shop, told me that the bluepoint is all their old stuff they just rename so it stays on their available options but doesn't compete with the new stuff...I got my share of theirs but some of the new stuff was just to good to go back...or I needed it right when he showed up lol...I use my flexhead 3//8ths on just about everything along with my deep sockets...

I did grab some HF offset wrenches as I couldn't justify the cost of the snapon ones, also have their 1/2 electric impact, their impact sockets, and a few other misc...I find it funny I have never broken my HF stuff but continually break my 3/8 14mm socket...2x stepping it down on my 1/2 snapon impact and 1x by hand
While some of what he says is true, it's not completely. Some of the BluePoint stuff is stuff that isn't made here/made with a different material or process, not patented or is obsolete that they try to keep around. This doesn't mean it's shitty quality, it just means they can't brand it as SnapOn [or MAC or Cornwell or any tool truck brand].

I have a full tool box in my enclosed trailer with all off-brand stuff and I'll be honest - it all works perfectly fine. Hadn't I been such a snob in the past, I probably would have gotten all of my shit as tool truck's off brands.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote