Thread: Motor Oil Tests
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #21
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
As for oils, Amsoil is the best stuff I've ran in the trans on my s13. I'll be changing my s14 to it soon. I'd love to run their oil in my engine but I can't get past the price. I run Mobil 1 in my Subaru, which I change at 5k miles because it's usually getting pretty dark at that point, Rotella T5 in my s14 because a jug fills it perfectly, it's cheap, and the car doesn't get driven too much, and I've started running vr1 in the drift car. Wix filters on all of them.
IMO Amsoil saves me money as I don't have to change the oil as frequently. Also they ship extremely fast to your door. My cummins ram gets a change once a year. Daily drivers once a year also. The drift car gets changed every 4-5 events just because it lives on rev limiter a lot.

Also, oil getting dark isn't a bad thing. That's contaminants staying suspended in the oil instead of deposited inside the engine. Hell change the oil on any diesel engine and it's black as soon as you start the engine and check the level again. Doesn't mean the oil is bad.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote