Thread: Motor Oil Tests
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
I DO believe amsoil is a great oil, but my problem is they seem to formulate things for stupid drain intervals, where I'd prefer maximum performance with an additive package that doesn't have to make trade-offs (according to my understanding, anyway) for freaken' million mile changes.

Also, their marketing is very frustrating and irresponsible, because cars need to be checked by someone who knows something about what they need, every few thousand miles - tell people that they can be super clever and save money and never change their oil and their engine will be totally happy and fine and even better than last time they checked it, and..... well, they believe it. It's fine for someone who can really take care of a car to go 25k and keep their fluids up, but people who can't get into trouble, because they don't understand (and can't be made to understand) the nature of engines, what happens inside them, what needs checking, what happens if you don't, and how unfixable it will be.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote