View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #23009
gio240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
gio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
P0171 Fuel Injection System Function (Lean Side)
Detected when: Fuel injection system does not operate properly. The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too large (ratio is too lean).
Check Items (Possible Cause):
-Intake air leak
-Front heated oxygen sensor
-Injectors
-Exhaust gas leak
-Incorrect fuel pressure
-Lack of fuel
-Mass air flow sensor

You've already replaced MAF and O2 sensor, so it's probably one of those other causes. Trouble shooting steps begin at page EC-143 in this document: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1997/ec.pdf

On a car that old, I'd fully inspect the intake boots & hoses (like take them off the car and really inspect them). Every one of my cars has had a torn boot or a cracked hose that wasn't easy to spot from a basic "visual inspection." The other one that actually happened to my 97 was the EGR hard pipe was cracked and needed to be replaced, was easy to hear that exhaust leak however. Other things could be faulty/clogged injectors or a failing fuel pump even. Looks like you're up over 250k miles, stuff just wears out.
yea i took it to a family friend to check the car out while i worked today, and the 250k miles is on the chasis itself, engine was swapped back in 2012 and only has about 70k miles on the new motor(still a stock ka24de)
gio240sx is offline   Reply With Quote