View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #23005
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Anyone have an idea on rotating torque for an Sr20det?

As in, my engine is in the car and has been sitting for some time. I removed the spark plugs and dumped some oil down the spark plug hole. Spark plugs are still out, car has the drive shaft removed, trans is in neutral, engine oil is at the correct level (Rotella 15w-40 or 10w-40 I dont remember exactly).

If I were to put a 27mm socket on the crank bolt and rotate it with a Dial gauge torque wrench, what range should my readings fall within? I know initial torque will be high but rotating torque should be what?

From my skimming the FSM, I did not see anything like this. From Sr20forum or somewhere, I read it should be between 10-18 ft-lb (I'm going to assume this means a long block with spark plugs removed).

Thoughts?
Grab the balancer with both hands, put your shoulder into it, and it should turn.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote