View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #10
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
First thing I would do is download the factory service manual for your year 240sx (multiple sites have it)

Tell me what tools/skills you have available. Do you have a soldering iron/multimeter/laptop/consult cable?

There are some cheap consult cables out there that would work (I will link my ebay one when i get home). download the software ( I think I used ECUtalk), again ill check when I'm home. plug it in, launch program, find the option to display gauges, display vehicle speed (while driving, so you need a partner)

This verifies sensor and ecu functionality for a $25 cable.
Then you can check the cluster side. If any connectors/wiring are damaged or if the pins for the speedo on the back of the cluster need to be reflow soldered.

This solves most problems besides having a burned out speedo motor.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote