View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #48
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Def you stated what I wanted to much more eloquently

In terms of the oiling issues I know there has been a pan with the proper baffles developed for this specific situation and a few folks run them (oil travelling up the timing cover). Andy Hollis in the k swap miata with 285 purple crack on "stock" fenders had a much more extreme scenario at COTA......and we all know how COTA eats bearings due to long sweepers. I'll have to check back with his build thread but I recall him resolving this very issue a year or so ago with a properly baffled pan.

Either way, there is a solution. I've also never had an issue with any of my SR on track apart from things that were self inflicted. A majority of the failures are from drifters and them rapping the limiter and then doing dumb shit like installing stoppers and then blaming the engine. THAT is where a majority of the failures exist.....the rest are from folks who decide that torque and clearance specs and the fsm are not to be followed
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote