View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 11:05 PM   #45
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
^^ Yeah, IMHO "oh man, it doesn't make x amount of HP! Or doesn't bolt in!" is very 1 dimensional. A EFR 7163 on paper making 400HP sounds comparable to a DET at the same level from strictly a HP standpoint. However, boost recovery, drivability, reliability (lower PR for same power) etc all factor into why a VET with a 7163 is light years better than a bog standard DET with a 2871 although they both technically make the same power

Same can be said for a K series into a 240. It's not just about power or being able to be bolted up

Sorry TheReal, not trying to be a dick, just my opinion

K series the world!!!
Brah... no way in the world an EFR 7163 VET with decent cams is going to only make 400 rwhp, unless you want to run it at 14-15 psi. The EFR 7163 will stomp all over a 2871R DET everywhere, which is what you're saying, but there is also a pretty large power difference. I'd guesstimate at about 30-60 rwhp up top easy, depending on the size of the turbo and its ability to keep up with the VET head.

As for a K swap in an S-chassis... I love me some S-chassis goodness, but I'm totally getting an S2000 if I want some RWD VTEC fun for these sorts of prices.

Plus K20/K24s are showing themselves to have oiling issues in a longitudinal setup. They act like they want a deep as hell oil pan, and then the engine just doesn't fit in many cars. Sure, these tiny oil pans to fit them in a RWD setup are fine for a street/drag setup, but start pulling some Gs and your engine is toast.