View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #1819
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Surely social media has provided a platform of quantifying attention and cranked up all incentives to out-do one another (sometimes by what appears to be any means necessary), but is it really different than how the import scene used to be in the late 90's and early 2000's? Big wings, underglow, predator-esque front bumpers, etc. There seemed to be no limit to the ridiculousness that was built back then:

The ricer mods now have simply changed to bolt on flares the size of your front door and spoilers built with scaffolding

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
man did this thread grow! I think last thing I commented about in here was the Fast and the Furious, and that was over 20 pages ago

Anyway, as I was looking through car videos on YT, I came across this video which apparently is new(ish). Though it was pretty interesting and I though I'd share with you. Sorry for my video embedding noob skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZorac5a-U
I can't imagine how much R34's will be when they are eligible for import into the US. If I can get a gig in Japan next year I definitely want to get one before they explode in value..I know they are already pretty expensive over there.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote