View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #1777
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Oh if you want to argue looks, I might actually be inclined to agree.

...but *Morpheus voice* What if I told you you could own an SChassis that has ZERO mystery creaks and no road noise when driving?
Then buy a Corvette.

Quote:
I also agree with dorki, but there's a catch. The kouki 180SX look is totally 'overplayed'. FOUR cars come to mind IMMEDIATELY when I think of kouki aero and they are CONTINUALLY spammed on all social media. I love the kouki stuff...and I really don't go in for anything else on the hatch. HOWEVER, I'm tired of seeing it and I don't want to follow along. Yes, I know what else is out there. No, I don't like it enough to put it on my hatch.
Strongly disagree. I've actually never seen a Kouki on the road. Ever.

This is where the internet and real life diverge. Just because you see Koukis and TE37s all over Zilvia and IG doesn't mean they exist out in the wild.

If someone 1,500 miles away owns a car and spams pictures of it online, and that makes you feel your car isn't special enough.... You need to reevaluate why your into cars in the first place.

Spending money you don't have to impress people you don't know to win races you'll never race...

Quote:
it's not looking at the cars that gets me, it's spending multiple years driving rattleboxes that's finally whittled me down.

...and since my whole 'car-history' is on Zilvia anyway, I'll admit I was disillusioned by owning a SpecS. I knew about the added braces on the SpecR...but holy shit does it seem to make all the difference when it comes to eliminating road noise and chassis creaks.
Problem is a S13 is 26-30 years old now. That's automotive ancient.

Think about it, that would be like driving a Ford Model T around in the mid 60's during the launch of the Muscle Car Era.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote