View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #18
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Poll the audience

Car started, oil pressure is good, vac is good, revs very responsive and at least didn't miss at all at idle (have not put it under load so I will hold my breath). Seems putting the car together was a success!

The thing I need help on is the damn AVC-R. It is so loud! Clicking like hell. I think it is wired incorrectly for sure, but want some guidance.

I turn the car into the ON position, and immediately, the AVC-R starts clicking like a tattoo gun or something. The car is not started at this point, and its just clicking. Doesn't make sense. I assume this not normal?

When I start it, the clicking is continuous and annoying, which can be heard in this video. It is LOUD. I know someone is gonna say "its knocking bro!", but it's not. Annoying af though. Peep it here:

Updates: GTR by gabednconfused, on Flickr

My questions:

1. WTF is wrong with the solenoid?
2. Can I get a quieter solenoid instead?
3. Does anyone know if I can hook this up direct to the power FC to get rid of the AVC-R? The display seems fucked anyway on it.
4. Any alternatives I should look into? Any other maintenance items I need to look at on skylines or RB's specifically while I am in the early stages revitalizing this engine?

I will try to post a vlog tonight.

Thanks in advance!