View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #86
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
hey gills. I wanted to say thank you for doing the write up on the diff. i just got everything all back together on my car over the weekend. I would have never thought that just changing the diff around like that would have such a big impact on the way the car drives. It really is a night and day difference.

That's great! Love to hear that what I shared has helped you.

And, yes, diffs have a huge impact on vehicle dynamics. It is often said that when designing a race car, pick a diff setup first, then setup the rest of the car around it. It's that important.

What diff are you running anyway and what settings did you go from and to?

And sorry I haven't given a complete recap yet of the changes I made. I didn't mention it here, but I actually went to the 1-way ramps at my last race because the diff toward the end of the Watkins Glen event started acting very strange. But, when I opened it up I found out what could've been causing it and it's something that M-Factory hasn't answered me about. I think it's something that is overlooked on M-Factory's part.