View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Down2Earth
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Down2Earth will become famous soon enoughDown2Earth will become famous soon enoughDown2Earth will become famous soon enough
ECU Problem/Diagnosis

I bought my '95 240sx couple years ago and my ECU was always a bit strange, it had a small fuse hanging out of it with two wires going inside, i pretty much ignored this as the car ran fine.

So after sitting and building the car I decided it was time to properly investigate and figure out whats up with my ECU before I blow my engine over some oversight

So what the car currently does is it does not want to turn off when the ignition is off; also it does not run the smoothest, so I replace the ECU with another one and it runs absolutely spectacular; that being said I would like to fix this ECU so I opened it up to find:

Now precariously it doesnt look like the trace was burnt, rather it was split on PURPOSE? Thats interesting. But the question is; did they jump that trace and bypass some function? Is it for some kill switch setup for the ignition? if I run a wire over the cut trace and return it to "factory" will the ECU function appropriately? is this a mod of some sort for some setup?
Down2Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links