View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #11918
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post

The dream infotainment setup (with currently available technology) would be a large screen with a wireless charge deck in the console. Get in the car, plunk your phone down on the console. The vehicle touchscreen operating system and displayed image would be an exact replica of the smartphone placed on the charge deck.
That’s how the new Google Auto in the Polestar and Volvo cars are going to be. Audi and bunch of others are going over to that mode too.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/8/18...n-demo-io-2019

I’d said for years (a solid 10 at least) that manufacturers need to just STOP trying to do this shit and let Google and Apple handle the entire infotainment situation. Volvo mist have heard me.