View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #147
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Hi! I really like your progress especially on the pieces that you design yourself. I was wondering if you could give some more info on your air cabin project. What filters did you use? What was the foam tape around the filter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
I'm also interested in the cabin filter project, would you be able to provide the file to print the filter holder? I recently got my hands on a 3d printer and am itching to give it a shot!

Loving the build and attention to detail as others had said, I'm blown away by what you've accomplished!
Thanks for the positive feedback, sorry for late reply. Of course I am upload the cabin filter holder to thingiverse for free like my preivous designs. But at the moment the holder is in progress, there is only a strait space for the filter so I needed to redesign the holder a little bit. If I provide the successful test fit of this version I am upload the alpha version to the Thingiverse with all the infromation about the holder, filter and printing settings of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
what drawing/modeling program are you using? my room mate got a printer, and i have a CAD background. but i dont have access to the programs i used at school. looking for a decent free program, but im starting to realize i may be asking too much.

nice progress as well. keep it up!
I am using the Fusion 360, its easy to use and have 30 or 60days trial, if you a student you can use the soft 3years for free in other case you have 1year for free to personal use. So at the moment I have the 1year free version. The normal price is overkill for hobby use so...

The current status of the holder is shown on the pictures. The parts are fitted together with small neodymium magnets for easy change, but I am thinking about some mechanical clips for straight and stronger fitting. But it cannot be applied on the place because of the access from outside is so bad, so it need to be printed as onepiece with the holder or some snap in joints or something like this.

TSSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote