View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #29
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chopaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been fairly busy with work lately so really haven't had as much time as I would like progressing the car, usually I would do some form of tinkering every night but lately I have only managed weekends.

My package arrived from JDM Distro.

What could it be?????

Had my Xcessive 1JZ > Sbody engine mounts arrive from FRSport too.

Gathered all my parts into a central location

GS6 53DZ HGD 530D gearbox (These are supposed to be fantastic for taking high power)

Started putting my FTWL Motorsport BMW > 1JZ conversion kit together, mostly worked fairly well, had a few snags with using a 1JZ VVTI Auto starter but nothing a hole cutter couldn't rectify. This is the Twin Kevlar clutch kit which is supposed to be good for up to 1000nm of torque. The large flywheel is to gain the space from the adapter plate and box differences and deceptively only weighs 8.5kgs.

I then had something which looked like this.

Thanks to a late night eBay purchase, I managed to snap up this fairly rare stock location manifold from eBay for what can only be classed as a bargain, being sold as a factory 1JZ manifold.

Then to make sure everything was going to fit and work I fitted everything into the car, unfortunately it has to come back out this weekend so I can bash the gearbox tunnel a little for some extra clearance. It looks right at home.

I have now ordered up some steel box section to start welding up a gearbox mount, hopefully that will be done this weekend if I can manage to get the engine in and out. After that its time to get the prop shaft welded then some exhaust and intercooler pipe work made.

More to come soon :grinning:
Chopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote