View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #47
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
SMALL LIL UPDATE

So, I’ve been chipping away this car sense the weathers been getting better.
Dropped the model 5s off to a buddy to powdercoat and before I was going to pitch the center caps because I thought they were trashed but I ended up taking some nail polish remover and some scotchbrite and sanded away all the shitty blue spray paint. Came out pretty damn decent for some caps I was going to scrap haha and I’m glad I didn’t
Family photo

Blasted

Ready to be picked up

Decided to sell some things and ended up picking up a oem type x bumper instead of the frp one I have now. Also grab pole position lights but unsure if I’m going to run turn signals.

Over the past weekend I decided to mount my seats in the car on my sf brackets. I attempted to use the generic sliders but they were just giving me a hard time so I just said fuck it and hard mounted the seats and played with seating position until it felt somewhat comfortable.

I really didn’t want to do this but me being me did it. I pulled the intake off the single cam to replace every hose, gasket and delete all the emissions bs. I got rid of the secondary butterflies (I know I may lose some low end due to velocity of air moving lowering), evap canister, all the vac lines. Pretty much the only things that I’m keeping is the acc and iac.

So I pulled the intake in about an hour or two

Upper plenum removed

Completely removed

Making the plenum look a little nicer

Couldn’t leave the holes open for the rod the butterflies screw into and I don’t have a tig welder so I cut up the rod and tapped the hole where the rod enters to put a bolt through.
I then took the cut pieces of rod and some job weld and slathered them in it and pushed them into the openings.

Pic of hole for reference

Intake primed and painted and yes ita going to come back part for things to be replaced and such. Really just to show its tacky-ness lol.

Also picked up an open end pivot knob like the one and only, Itai.

Going to basically be replacing all the minor little stuff like fuel line hoses, tuneup, fuel filter. NEXT, I’m going to address the cooling system and replace the water pump, rad with a koyo and thermostat housing.
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote