View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #1216
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Your argument about a flat earth and moon landing are perfect...

In that the earth is fucking round and we landed on the God damn moon and no amount of bullshit will ever change that fact. Build the fucking wall. MAKE MEXICO GREAT ALREADY.
It wasnt an argument.... it was an analogy used to talk about how much of a shitshow this thread is because everyone is running around in circles with everyone thinking theyre right. This is what I mean by you taking it so literally, no fucking shit we landed on the moon and the earth is round.

Before I said anything about what I personally think needs to be done which isnt trying to prove a point or sway an argument. Its just an opinion... Everything else i've said was to say maybe lets talk like adults instead of hitting caplocks to reiterate yourself and stop with the shitpost meme pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Again, this is not what we're arguing here. We're arguing whether or not our borders should continue to remain wide open and our immigration laws completely ignored with zero accountability on who enters.
No matter which way you lean I think the general consensus is we need to put more effort into board security and fix the broken immigration laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

What I'm still not seeing are valid reasons to leave the border wide open.And you guys are crazy if you think a 10+ foot wall does nothing to stop people, vehicles, etc. from crossing a border. To me, this has really nothing to do with politics, immigration, nationalism, racism..it's common sense.
This is what I mean when I say people are talking over each other, no one is saying to keep the boarders open ever, even Gbaby had to say it again because Corbic keeps saying what Gbaby position when theyve NEVER said to be open boarder and let whoever in the country. All theyre saying illegal/immigrants have some merit in the country and shouldn't be villanized.

Quote:
Why isn't Gabby mad about mass immigration if he cares about Global Warming?
Again this is a non sequitur to your argument, yes im sure immigration is linked to added carbon footprint but compared to what? What I found is legal migration or even overall population increase cause the issue of carbon footprint in the US, though yes you are right if an illegal comes over here they will produce more of a carbon footprint its very negligible at best. Just as you did with the hypothetical saying the magic wand or whatever lets say we make Mexico into a better country put more money into helping the country vs helping illegals here which will see benefits. Dont you think like any other developed nation will have carbon footprint increase as well? Shit look at China, not even 80 years ago it was not even close to a developed nation and here we are thanks to capitalism its now a super power, overall the people have a better standard of living etc but they produce a good share of C02 emissions. So again what does climate change have to do with the argument for board security and having the wall to stop illegal migration?

https://cis.org/Immigration-United-S...as-Emissions-0

-The estimated CO2 emissions of the average immigrant (legal or illegal) in the United States are 18 percent less than those of the average native-born American.

-However, immigrants in the United States produce an estimated four times more CO2 in the United States as they would have in their countries of origin.

-The impact of immigration to the United States on global emissions is equal to approximately 5 percent of the increase in annual world-wide CO2 emissions since 1980.

-Of the CO2 emissions caused by immigrants, 83 percent is estimated to come from legal immigrants and 17 percent from illegal immigrants.

-Legal immigrants have a much larger impact because they have higher incomes and resulting emissions, and they are more numerous than illegal immigrants.

-In recent years, increases in U.S. CO2 emissions have been driven entirely by population increases as per capita emissions have stabilized.

ALSO I found out because of climate change we will see a huge influx of migration over the whole world and thats not because people trying to escape "shit hole" countries but because of how climate change has affected agriculture so much the last 30 years. More people will be migrating not because of politics, people, religion but because they simply dont have or can grow food.

Here is your old comment
Quote:

You want to stop Climate change? Then why do you want to bring hundreds of millions of people from the 3rd world to the 1st world. Living in the first world astronomically increases the per person carbon foot print. You should be advocating to force these people to stay put and begin mass sterilization plans and "one child" policies to bring the world population down.
This is an oversimplification of why third world countries have many kids. Its a mix of more kids=better chance of care later in life, overall bad medical infrastructure, less educated, need a high birth rate to combat high mortality rate. Also "force" these people, lets just ignore human rights(mass sterilization wtf), go full 1984; live in a authoritarian climate instead of you know trying bring up other countries to a global standard of living, letting biology take over and people will naturally have less kids.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote