View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #1207
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
So what was the point of posting the articles? Right is always quick to talk about lefty emotions by you guys do the same argument. Regardless of immigration people still going to commit murder regardless of race, age, living status.

I am not for the wall simply its just a band aid for other issues, do I think we need better security then yes. I still believe we need to sort out immigration reform before anything else. At the moment only way to come into the country legally is chain migration aka through family who already has status, bring over a business with lots of capital, and last way is marriage. Even for people like my family who came legally the system failed us, we WAITED 14 years to hear about our status, constantly sending letters, going in person, lawyers etc only for them to tell us they need documents from pre 2001 which no one will have. I have cousins and other family who came over as well at the same time or years after us. All them are citizens now meanwhile we did everything right but USCIS lost our paper work and took 14 years to get back to us. Every year applying for work authorization, paying taxes, me going to school, none of us doing anything different than any other american family. We have status now but the fact we waited so long with no update is nuts. If my parents knew it was going to be this big of an issue and like many other South Africans we would of went to New Zealand or Australia. At this point America is all we've known and it be stupid to go back so SA let alone start over in another country. We dont have money like you need now to just immigrate to any country vs what was needed almost 25-30 years ago.

lol "you guys" huh? I've actually tried to keep this discussion non-partisan and just sticking to facts. Those articles were in response to the anecdotal evidence of the benefits illegal immigrants provide. Something about 21 Savage, I don't go back and read it. I know it was anecdotal, don't take it too seriously.

and yeah I know about the process, it sucks. I know people who have went through it to become legal immigrants and eventually, citizens. I'm all for immigration reform, but that's another issue.

What I'm still not seeing are valid reasons to leave the border wide open. It's already a known fact that undocumented people(a few on terrorist watch lists) and drugs are smuggled over open parts of the border. Because it's hard to get in legally? Because we haven't seen serious spikes in crime rates or terrorist attacks from people smuggled through the SWB yet? And you guys are crazy if you think a 10+ foot wall does nothing to stop people, vehicles, etc. from crossing a border. To me, this has really nothing to do with politics, immigration, nationalism, racism..it's common sense.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote