Thread: tipping
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #29
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Hmm, it's not been my experience that there's no tipping in England. I can't speak for the rest of the Uk, as I've never visited.

I've not been anywhere outside of london, but I do recall there being times where I did tip and did have conversations with servers about tipping. I try to ask what social expectations are when I travel. I've not had people refuse extra tip on top of service charge, and I've done that in places where the hospitality was something I found exceptionally good.

You also get instances where a mandatory service charge is already added. Whether you consider that tip or not is up to you. I think it counts as tip.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...Etiquette.html
Interesting. Yeah not at a single place I went in the UK was a tip even an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy convoy View Post
So youre saying you tip base on how much the person make not how good the service? And picking a customer car is way different than someone picking you up and give you a ride
Dude you don't work a job in the service industry. You literally pick up people's cars & take them back. That is a much easier job than working as a waitress/bartender/etc.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote