View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #557
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I paid $17,500 for this:

Reason being, it actually made more sense financially for me to buy this restored RHD Silvia versus me going through with a Coupe build I already had lined up. The purchase was 100% worth it to me partly because it was actually going to cost me upwards of $35-40k to build a similar S-chassis. I bought the white Silvia, sold my gold coupe chassis and all of the parts I had set aside for it, and still turned a profit.

I'm not against a guy getting $600 for a cupholder. More power to them. I've bought and sold enough parts over the years and have always made it a point to stay in line with market pricing.

As an enthusiast who actually appreciates these damn cars, it does suck to see pricing skyrocket on the stupidest things. Fortunately for me, I collected pretty much everything I ever wanted before the market went crazy. At the same time, I won't let go of my mint brick headlights or light up window louvers on the low to "be the change".

If you're doing that well financially (enough disposable income to not give a shit), you're more than welcome to be the change. As for me, I'll just appreciate what I have, get a chuckle out of these dudes IG pages flipping "rare" trinkets (jackets, shift knobs, gauges, etc), and continue focusing on my own cars.

All I hoped for was that we as S-chassis enthusiasts (or those that remain) would just take the time to do things right. Enough with this cookie cutter bullshit.
Cool car, but I feel like you're comparing apples and oranges here assuming that's an imported s13 that can't be registered in CA. I personally wouldn't touch anything imported and would rather deal with US chassis's. Its just too much of a hassle unless you are ok with an off-road only vehicle. Sure there are ways to street-legalize it, but it's expensive and the car has to be bone stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
2 words... 180sx kouki

just seems thats all anyone wants to do with an S13 hatch anymore. i move more S13 kouki valances, lips and skirts than any other part i make. even when my Type-RH parts look SOOOO much better, kids refuse to acknowledge them and want to do 180sx kouki and 180sx kouki only. though ive managed to convince a few guys to run my Type-RH skirts + valances with an S13 kouki front and they were SO happy they did!
Same with the kouki s14's. I had the factory JDM aero for the longest time until everyone and their mother started doing the same shit. Had to switch it up.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote