Thread: tipping
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:16 AM   #19
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
actually Waiting is what made me think about the cooks, and how they deserve getting tips or atleast a portion. they are the ones in front of fire, fryers and sharp objects.

who's standing up for them?
Last restaurant I cooked in was a really upscale steakhouse. The wait staff all tip shared and we'd get 10%/ea on top of our $20ish/hr. It really put some skin in the game for us because the better we did, the better they did. Walked out the door many Fri/Sat nights with a Benny in my pocket. Only place that happened and one of the few places I've seen it.

I tip 15% standard; more if they actually do a good job. I've only stiffed 2 people in my life because one decided to hang out with his bros in a booth most of the time vs taking care of his tables. Other one happened last weekend and she literally forgot to put our order in after sitting there for 45min. Then it was rushed and looked just as bad as it tasted. I flipped a $20 for the drinks and told the manager I wasn't paying for shit. Half of it was his fault for not recognizing that one of his tables wasn't flipping after over an hour. I have a lot of patience but I grew up in the industry so I tend to be a little harsher critic.

Last edited by crash n' burn; 01-31-2019 at 11:14 AM..
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote