View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #26
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
if you have a compelling enough argument, and the right judge, this may end up getting tied up in the courts.
I've sort of been here. Not with an exhaust ticket, but for getting a "modified tail light" citation in my old FD. Cop tjought my stock FD tail lights were modified and too dark.

My experience in a nut shell was that the cops nor the judges know shit about cars and these citations in general. They didn't bother with hard evidence like lumins readings and instead determined that the tail lights were modified because A) the cop just thought they looked dark and B)because I didnt purchase my 1993 Rx7 when it was new..when I was 5 years old. I was found guilty and tried to appeal the court decision but that turned out to be a nightmare in itself. You seem to need a degree in law to know what half the terms mean. Ended up not bothering with it and just paid the fine.

I see the same deal happening here. Cop notices your car is modified in some form and will cite you for modifed exhaust regardless of how loud or modified it looks. In court they will simply ask if the exhaust is stock and then drop the gavel and check you out at the front counter.

This whole thing is a money grab. We're not going to see a reduction in these street takeovers because of an increase in modified exhaust tickets. I remember seeing a Uhaul truck doing burnouts in one of the street takeover videos...those are the kinds of people that we're dealing with here. They should start giving citations to people who rent Uhaul trucks as well.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote