View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #20
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
update: Slow_sr20 pm'd me a link to some dank Bomex skirts, when i first checked the tracking it said ETA was the 15th before I went to bed it said the 10th I woke up and it said it would be here today! Now I will have 100% authentic aero and can scrap my replica Bomex skirts (or modify and spray with the rest of the car). Not grumpy about this but I guess I haven't gotten em yet, hopefully they arrive intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I got some stuff for you, fam.

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS
Idk, I appreciate stock body cars as well as more aggressive builds when done tastefully. My personal style usually falls somewhere inbetween, as get less aggressive as I get older. He has multiple S-chassis so I don't see why he couldn't have one modest one and one wild one. This isn't a subject I have much vested interest in, but you said discuss so

CA is a pretty cool state but there is definitely some funky legislation that goes down there, which I think every state has in one way or another. I find it the be extremely prejudicial and lame but it is what it is. In some aspects I can understand the need to take care of some issues, but the way they went about is stupid. I guess that's government for ya. As far as the fines go, i'm pretty sure there is a way to waive or reduce the fines if you fall within a certain income bracket.

Idk who keeps giving these idiot importers money. Just the other day I saw some fiasco about a midwest importer having his r34 "stolen", turns out his investor went and cleaned up shop. Dude was decieving his investor on numerous levels and got shafted. I hear a lot of importer drama and it's always sad. I wish someone would throw me 6 figures and see what would come out of it. But i'm mostly self made, meh meh. I wanted to get into importing cars from JP but it doesn't make much sense to import cars sight unseen and wait 2 months for them to get here and spend another 2 months repairing them and prepping for sale...then however long it takes to sell.