View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Are you a student or military? If so don't register your car there! Save yourself the headache.
Yeah if you're military you can register your car in South Dakota. They don't require you to have a matching license since you're in the military and you don't know where your job will take you (that's it in a nutshell).

Some officer told me about this when I was stationed there. You can call the DMV (shocking, but they answer and are super friendly) and you mail them all the shit to register your car (cash, documents), then they'll mail you the plates and even the fucking change down to the last cent lol. I love them.

I had an SR'd car with Dart Izumi blast pipes so I was worried about my car being sniffed. What this 'military loophole' allows you to do is have a different license from the state the car is registered in. When/if you get pulled over you can tell them you're in the military and they can't force you to match your car to your license.

...and if you're not in the military none of this applies to you. Thought I'd try.