View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 04:01 PM   #339
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post

In regards to the Ikeya Formula comment. I wish i knew that 8+ years ago when i bought all my shit. I noticed there wasn't much difference visually compared to the generic arms. I got all my ikeya stuff coz i was a huge Koguchi fan boy. But to be fair i had put all that stuff to good use and i'm glad i had em because they've stood the test of time.
Yeah it's safe to say that a lot of us know what Ikeya Formula is because of Koguchi. I just don't see the point in buying them when Cusco is cheaper, has the same pedigree, and also comes with the inspection documents. The topic now is dudes who would still pay the mark up just to say 'top shelf'.

I wouldn't criticize anyone that bought them because Koguchi had the arms on his car...I get that. I understand the ideal they're chasing.

I'd totally talk shit on a car that was lacking in other areas but had said parts because they know Ikeya is a buzzword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting the best.

Just don't tell someone else they're stupid for not wasting money on things they don't need.

inb4 someone quotes me for calling knockoff wheels dumb. Knockoffs of all things are lame, support people who make cool things. Sincerely, guy who buys authentic furniture
Yeah you're totally right. It doesn't negate the fact that we can see through these people, though.

There's a guy on base with a suuuuuuper clean S13 Silvia. I got to talk to him when I first showed up and it was like a triggered a dialogue box from a video game. He just ran me down the list of top-tier parts he had. Again, super friendly guy, liked cars in his own way...but he's just a name brand hunter. There's no real 'soul' behind any of it. This is all my opinion, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
I paid around 3.5k for my wheels. Custom size S1 3P meisters brand new. They’re not cheap, but sometimes I see people talking shit because some spent usenr 2k for one piece wheels. I don’t know what is wrong with it.

And what comes what you really need and what you don’t need is stupid thing to compare. If one wants top notch quality parts to replace old crusty ones, why is it wrong?
Maybe things are different where you live. Where I'm from, it's better to have some RPF1s (sub ~$1000) than any type of 'fake' wheel. People who base ANYTHING off cost involved alone are probably just twats like ya boi BSpliner or Hubeny.