View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #177
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
finally got a chance to head to the shop to pull the motor. upon disassembly of the front end, i found a ton of oil in the intercooler and ic piping, which typically means blown turbo seals. i did a ton of research to figure out which size oil restricter was the correct one for the t28 when i swapped to it so i'm a bit baffled there... that seems to suggest that the valve stem seals are "ok," but i already went ahead and ordered a set of replacements just in case.

a familiar sight... looking forward to giving the bay some tidying up and a fresh coat of paint. standing there looking at the front end was driving me crazy though. it looks crooked as hell and the body panels fit like shit, but i measured everything and it all seems square. even this picture makes it look tweaked. i really need to get it on a frame rack one of these days haha

look at how caked with oil this thing is. only put like mayyyybeeee 2000 miles on it since the last time it was out of the car and clean. we're planning on hopefully street driving our cars (dom, nick, aaron, and i) out to final bout gallery, so despite there possibly not being any internal issues with the motor, i'd like to reseal everything and just make sure everything is in spec before setting off on the 5000 mile round trip.