View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #16
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Sorry it’s been a little bit haha been busy with you know, snow. Anyhow, I have progressed with the car.
I’ve been tossing around the idea of rebuilding the motor. The car ran great minus the fact the 3” straight pipe sounds like trash na and I have 0 backpressure. The reason being, the cars odo reads like 262k or something of the like and I just would feel more comfortable KNOWING the mileage and that everything’s done myself aside from machine work.
So, plans are to keep the motor na and not overcomplicate something that doesn’t need to be complicated. Probably gonna grab a tomei headgasket, possibly hot cam swap, arp studs,basically use stock rods and possibly get forged pistons for the future. I want pistons that are forged that will be around if not the same compression that the car is from factory that way it’s not sluggish due to low compression pistons in na configuration. I know the rods can handle some abuse but we will see when I open the block.

Initially I was going to pull the head and just rebuild it and do new valve seals, cam swap and arps. Still up in the air. Yes I know I should have compression tested the car before I pulled things apart and I did in the past and it seemed fine from what I can remember. Anyone who’s been in my shoes chime in and give me some direction haha

So here’s some pics of what I’ve been doing
Pulled all the coolant related things off and the engine harness and trans harness are now seperated from the chassis.

All that needs to be done as far as I know is the hydraulics for the clutch
Mounts, shifter and she SHOULD be ready to come out.
I placed a order with enjuku for them sick Black Friday deals.
Picked up:
Comp full face white bunny clutch kit
Pivot ball
Exedy master
Gktech braided clutch line(ordered a rhd by mistake)
Isr drift button
Oem rear main seal
Oem pilot bushing
ARP flywheel bolts
New exedy slave(from rock auto)
Also picked up some goodies from shirtstuckedin.
Picking up a hoist hopefully tonight from a buddy after me and my girlfriend go look at this car.
On a bittersweet side note, I no longer on my e46. I really want to get seat time this year and while I’m doing my refresh on my car I don’t want to rush. So I traded a good friend of mines for his allegedly rust free s13 hatch. I plan on using this as a basic seat time car to improve my driving

Basic run down of the car:
Welded diff
Short throw
Some soft ass coilovers
Crackless dash
E fans
Single slammer
S14 seats
White bunny unsprung clutch
14x7+12(what I’m told) long champs.
Aftermarket radio

This car is going to be VERY BUDGET like expenses will be spared haha just want something I’m not afraid to abuse right off the bat. Something I can get my feet wet with. I’ve already put my keys 330mm wheel in it and my tomei shift knob.
Here’s a final goodbye from the e46(I let the 18s go kept the bronze 17s)

Lastly, some more plans for the car. I plan to stitch weld the bay, fix the rust near where the brake line bracket is in the wheel well.
Paint the bay and re-loom the engine harness, relocated the battery, basically clean the bay up. Then,I will dissassemble the motor and have it’s components measured and looked over at the machine shop since I don’t have good mics and suck at measuring things like a machinist can. But, will be back with updates
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote