View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Skylinechaos

Trader Rating: (2)
Skylinechaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys for the kind words!
I guess I will continue.

That winter I picked up a couple more parts.

Got a used header

And picked up a type x wing locally for really good deal

Then on my birthday, April 1st I decided to drive my car down to school in Carbondale IL, about 5 hours and 450+ miles south. When I left it was 50 degrees in Chicago and 55 degrees in Carbondale, perfect. Well little did I know there was a huge blizzard for the 400 miles between and at the time my car had; no wipers, busted passenger window motor and no heat. On top of that I had Falken rt615s up front which had absolutely no grip in the cold. You can probably figure out how this story ends, ended up losing front grip at about 60ish mph and shot off the highway. Luckily the car made it out pretty much unscathed, the bumper eject it self but the rest made it out, even the skirts. I got towed out and the officer said there was only about 50 more miles of snow before it turned to rain, so foolishly believing him I kept going about 3 hours and 70 miles farther it was pitch black and still snowing with no plows so I abandoned my car behind a gas station and had my buddy pick me up. Ended up finishing the drive a few days later.

Well I made it down and tried figuring out how to work on the car living in the dorms. Did some little things here and there and ended up finding an abandoned dorm room and turned it into a body shop, whole floor smelled like bondo.

Ran an IFO in St.Louis which was bumpy as hell

Also used some of that fabric paint from autozone and painted the rear seats black

Car ended up making the drive back in May with no problems. Back in my driveway I was finally able to install some of my parts. Put on a cusco strut brace along with an angle kit from by a local guy, top notch mod This included front drop knuckles and 40mm LCAs, wayyyy more angle then ill ever use but I needed to fill out the new Origin 40mm fenders I had bought.

Ran some local events at USAIR, Autobahn raceway and Great lakes dragway

Got a ton of seat time and although the KA is kind of a dog, it makes you drive wayyy faster and aggressive and has been dumb reliable.

Got a chassis mount splitter kit from Kam Caldwell to protect my bumper and built V1 out of plywood

Pretty nifty idea even though the plywood didnt last long V2 might have to be out of some abs plastic.

After the events it was time for the car to go back into hibernation where it is currently. Ive got some parts already piling up for next year.

Got 2 17" cerbs which are getting 3.5" lips to make them 17x9.5 +14 and I am currently putting 4" lips on the rear to make them 18x10 +11 which will really push stock body.

Also scored a 4.63 ring and pinion from a real small Illinois farm town, I figured it was out of pathfinder but the guy told me he got it out of a European spec s15 where it was a factory option. Idk if its true but I guess its kind of cool if it is.

After rubbing the shit out of those new origin fenders I decided to get some bigger sway bars. After reading all the write ups on the I decided to get the big boy LARGUS bars so I sourced some from croooober.

Upon further inspection my rear upper control arms are smacking my frame rails too so I got some Voodoo billet ones which are a little angled for more clearance

Got a killer deal on a tomei manifold too so I had to pick that up. Not planing on boost anytime soon but ill take the good deals as they come.

Other then that Im gonna get another URAS style kit and GKtech drop knuckles to go a bit lower and fit these DUBs a little better. Also after 3 years I think its finally time for paint so trying to make that work before I hit another event. Other then that this is pretty much up to date, I left alot out, put in a new koyorad, Driveshaft shop one piece and some autocollect storm goodies and a bunch more but this is already boring enough so if youre still reading this, Thanks!

Last edited by Skylinechaos; 11-07-2018 at 03:47 PM..
Skylinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote