View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:02 PM   #173
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
It is a very cool garage ornament though!
haha thanks!

i ended up checking the injectors and it was just a torn o-ring thankfully

started driving the car around again, trying to do a legit break in on the clutch. felt pretty good. probably put around 250 miles on it, which is about 90% more break in time than any other clutch i've ever put in. second and third gear pulls felt solid. no signs of slipping at all, but living where i do, a 4th gear pull was out of the question.

pretty much just prayed that it'd be ok and decided to street drive the car to an event at thunder hill in hopes that some extra break-in time would ensure it'd hold. but being the dickhead i am, as soon as i got on 80 east i gave it the beans in 4th gear and just slipped the fuck out of the clutch once boost hit.

i drove like a grandma the rest of the way to sacramento to grab some wheels and tires and then up to willows, knowing that i was doomed yet again hahaha i shoulda just bought a higher rated clutch to begin with or at least switched to it the first time i pulled the trans back off, but i'm the worst mechanic ever so...

i drifted anyways

got like 5 runs in before it started getting sketchy. then drove it back to my friend's shop in sacramento to change out the clutch hopefully this weekend. got another event coming up the following weekend so it'd be pretty cool to finally get in my first full event of 2018... in november...