View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #733
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Ok. New question.

So I went ahead and bought that Essential PH1 for $309 on Amazon. Its been sitting on my kitchen counter unopened for 2 days now, because, frankly, ain't a damn thing wrong with my Note3...lol...

I've been interested for a while about Android's ability to be customized. So I recently started reading up on and watching Youtube videos talking about how a custom Rom like Lineage OS can make my Note 3 think it's a Note 8, run Android 9/Pie and then overclock it to run faster, even with it's old 3gb of Ram running the old Qualcomm Snagdragon 800 from 4 years ago. Hell, I heard you can even run an Apple OS on it with the right Rom...haha

My question is... is this stuff worth it? Anyone got experience with this stuff? I'm a real newbie at this stuff, so I'm still trying to make sense of it all. If it's worth doing, maybe I'll just return the Essential. What do you guys think? Will this even be comparable?

Edit: Yeah guys... I am just finding out that I have not even scratched the surface of what my Note3 can do. It's a 32gb version, but I'm considering throwing a 128gb SD card in it and running some custom ROM to get Pie. Just saw a video only showing that the Snapdragon 800 is still plenty capable of running some decent 2018 games even.

Talk me out of it... I figure, if I brick my phone, I can always crack open that Essential, I guess...lol
If I can jailbreak a Firestick and install Kodi on it, this can't be much more difficult, right?

Last edited by simmode1; 08-31-2018 at 08:47 AM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote