View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #4469
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
^^^ That's a great looking car. ^^^

I sold my '88 Silvia to AscendaShogun because I had picked this up in February. If any of you guys know me, you know that I'm retarded about OEM colors. When I saw this car pop up not far from where I live, I had to try to make something happen.

I talked back and forth with the dealer, contemplated a trade in for the '88, then negotiations sort of fell off. I had looked at the car at the dealership a few times and spoke with the salesperson face-to-face. The rest of our correspondence was via email. After a gap in comms I shot him an offer that was low...but apparently not low enough because he accepted it. My wife and I talked it over and I drove down that weekend and paid cash for the car. I'm positive that the condition of the car is what made my wife agree to purchase the car. They kept it another week while they changed the fluids and did a general once-over of the car.

I made a note of asking about the paint...because the car looked to good to be true. The dealership was a Nissan U-Car (used car) dealership. The salesperson told me the hood and trunk had be redone but with Nissan's OEM paint. Nerd-boner for a me. Part of me thinks this car was lucky enough to spend most of it's life in covered parking. All of the window buttons, turn stalks, etc. have their printed symbols/words on them and they look brand new. The SE wheels looked brand new, but I had these OEM teardrops I'd purchased a while ago and they made it onto the car eventually.

'89 Silvia Q's
Automatic
63,XXX KMs
Pro Speakers
Folding Mirrors
AC

Now all AscendaShogun and I have to do is prep these cars for inspection.