View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #752
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I have not bought into VR and I have mixed thoughts on it.

On the positive end, i am tempted by the vive pro that should be relased soon, if it hasnt already been out. The resolution is notably and not far off from 3440x1440. I would not mind playing skyrim, fallout 4, and doom again on it.

On the negative end, agreed there isnt enough games yet. For me, its still $700 (vive pro) for a toy that i may or may not end up using a whole. For me. Its also a hassle to set up soace around my desk area for vr. I dont have a lot of space where i live and I already have a full tower and larger monitor.

Im not saying ill never go VR, but id rather wait it out for now.
The Pro is out, Future linked a review Linus did of it above. Its cool, but really not a consumer product due to the price bump and lack of any real features that justify that bump.

The space thing is an issue I have too, no way I'd be able to set it up in my room, I'd need to either move my PC to the living room or have another entire PC setup for it. On top of that, I've watched some videos where it seems incredibly frustrating running into the barriers and being stuck in such a small area. There are suppose to be new light boxes coming out that expand the space you can use massively, but you also need a room big enough to even make use of them.

If I can find a great CL deal I might get one, but I think I am going to hold out for the next generation stuff at this point.