View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:47 AM   #152
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
whew! just got home from super d. ended up spending an extra week in socal to make up for spending the last few months working on the car to my girlfriend

we left friday at 3am to head to the track. got there around noon and set up the booth

took the car out and gripped for several laps, trying to break the new clutch in

but that didn't last long as naoki appeared in my rear view mirror and i couldn't hold back so i let it rip. the clutch seemed to be working

but after a few laps and ejecting the rear bumper, things started feeling kinda funky. went back to gripping and the clutch was slipping under boost kept gripping the rest of the day and then saturday morning and it started to feel like it was grabbing through the rpm's. but apparently it wasn't enough because after the first drifting turn it started slipping again.

i parked it in pits to save it, hoping that i'd at least be able to get in a run of team tandem before glazing it completely, but as soon as my team mates left the line, my revs shot to the moon without the car moving anywhere i'm such an idiot. but on the bright side at least the lack of driving kept the aero destruction to a minimum i guess

drove straight to my buddy's shop and dropped the car off still on the trailer when i got back to sac so we can fix it this weekend. guess i'm just gonna replace the clutch and flywheel with a more robust combo just in case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯